Wretched Wretail Wrealities

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Ahhgeez

Last week Mario and I got in a little snippy argument which I will now re-enact:

(Background Info: Our system does not recognize credit card expiration dates past 2010. Back in my early days here Mario would hand me a credit card that did not process and say "Please e-mail the customer about this expiration date" and I would. I figured she did this because she A) was processing and couldn't and/or B) didn't know how to phrase it in good English. I eventually asked Brad to compose a standard "Your expiration date is stupid" e-mail which he did. After this Mario continued to hand me these orders and I thought "maybe she doesn't read her memos and doesn't know this e-mail exists now" so I brought it up one day. Mario snippily replied "Well I just thought you could help me out. But if you don't think you can help me than that is fine! I just figured since I used to do your job and I could spot them then you could too. But I'll just do it!" To which I replied somewhere along the lines of "Its a credit card issue. How am I supposed to know it doesn't work until you charge?" So long story short... after this I started highlighting the credit card expiration dates above 2010 before I gave them to her.)

OK... now reenactment (Keep in mind I was on the phone during this argument):

Mario: Did you stop sending the customers the expiration date e-mail?
Me: I haven't had any.
Mario: But you highlighted this one.
Me: That one didn't say expired.
Mario: The system doesn't recognize anything above 2010.
Me: In my experience, if the credit card expiration date is too far in the future then it shows in the system as expired. That one didn't say expired so I moved it forward to you.
Mario: Well experience isn't always the best judgment! The system doesn't recognize anything from 2010 and up!
Me: Well since it doesn't say that its expired I don't know that it doesn't work until you charge it.
Mario: Well they all come up as declined!
Me: Well this is the first time you've said anything! How was I supposed to know??



At that point we stopped talking and said nothing to each other for the rest of the day. Mind you - we'd already been minimimally speaking for the whole week.

That night I decided to be the better person and so when I came in the next day I said, "Mario, what, again, are the expiration dates that I should send the Expiration Date e-mail to?"

To which Mario replied sweetly, "Oh don't worry about it. I'll just take care of them."

Did she give up being a bitch for Lent?

1 Comments:

  • I do believe you have fallen in love with said Mario and are hoping to make the union somewhat, kinda official in the state of your choice. Either that OR she's a bitchy weird-o with not good english :-P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home