Wretched Wretail Wrealities

Friday, January 21, 2005

Anal Retentive

So I finally snapped at Mario today... didn't know it was going to happen until it flew out of my mouth but it did! Now we sit in silence and I don't know if its because of that or what.

A customer's order got lost in shipping (as it occasionally does with International shipments) and it had been over a month so it was time to re-send his package. I set up the new shipment to go to the Pick List (the list which gets handed to the warehouse guys so they know what inventory to pick off the shelf) and to invoice at which point it falls into Mario's hands. (Its her job to print the lists, packing slips and pick tickets (which is a list of what goes in each box.)

So when Mario reaches this Norwegian guy's order she stops it, looks at me and says "Did you verify this guys address?"

This pisses me off for 2 reasons:

A) Why the hell do you need to even ask me stupid questions like that? Do you think I can't do my job?? Do you think you have to friggin' babysit everything I do? You screw shit up all the time but I'm too nice of a person to say anything to you ... I just fix it and move on. I don't start asking you if you've done it right each time!!

B) I forgot to verify the guy's address.


So I respond, nicely and with my normal dose of humility (I don't know why I dose it up with humility... its apparently making Mario think she can boss me), "Oh, no. I didn't." To which she responds, "So we're just gonna send this to the same address again without knowing if its correct??"

At which point I snapped and retorted, "Then put it on hold Mario!" (with heavy underlying "You stupid dumbass bitch" tone).

I then had to follow it up with some sort of 'I'm not really being serious' attempt so I said, with a faux giggle, "Don't be silly!"

I think Mario is constipated again. She gets moody when she's constipated. She'll be moody for a few days and then tell me on the fourth day about how she hasn't pooped in a few days. Very early in our co-worker relationship she asked me to "Feel how stiff my stomach is!" That was really crossing a line... I refused to touch her hardened intestines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home